Thursday, October 23, 2008

Snowin'......Cruisin'......Hoppin'!!!!!!

Hey, HEY, Hey!!!!!!!

Just a quick post as it's 2 a.m. and I need a couple hours sleep anyway!!!! LOL

Sooooooo, first the snowin'........what is the Autumn weather like at YOUR house??? This is our second snowfall so far this month!!! But then, we LOVE snow.....so it's all good!!! :) I'm telling you I feel so spoiled to live where I do!!!!


This is the view off our top deck...........ohhh it's just soooo pretty and pristine!!!! Okay, not showing you the woodcutting area and big pile of slash and junk that is awaiting a bonfire!!!! LOL ;)

On to the cruisin', so the Gina K. Land Cruise party on Splitcoast was fun!!! Not quite as sunny and splashy, especially at my house.............LOL.........but it was fun!!! I made this card for a challenge to use chipboard. I love these chipboard letters and of course........GLITTER!!!!! I used Melanie's A Year In Flowers and Say It With Flowers to make some "patterned" cardstock.


Okay, THIS was tough for me.......it was a Limited Challenge, 1 ribbon, 2 layers and 3 identical embellies.....that's it!!!!! LOL Oh my was this tough!!!! But using some metallic cardstock in the Cuttlebug sure helps it look all flashy!!! LOL I used Gina's Let It Snow set and made little Shrinky Dink snowmen embellies!!


And this was for a Water Challenge. I sure do love all the new SU dp!!! Yep.......I'm an addict!!! AND I got to use as many layers as I wanted to!!!! LOL I used Gina's You Are My Sunshine stamp set which is so fun for summertime!!!!
Okay...............now onto the Hoppin'...................you know what tomorrow is???????? Okay, well, technically TODAY!!! It's Hip Hop Thursday at the Unity Forum on Splitcoast and starting with the Unity Stamp Company Blog..................come Hop and Hip along!!!!! LOL Prizes, fun, challenges, specials, sales, chatter.........all day long!!!!!!!!!!! See ya there!!!!!
~ Have A Creative Day! ~

20 comments:

lisa henke said...

what a wonderful view to look out to everyday! I'm not a snow person, but I can sure appreciate it's beauty. Speaking of beauty, your cards are beautiful! love all the red!

Pam said...

Love your cards! I am not ready for snow yet - but I think I could handle sitting in the beach scene you created! :)

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Snow? Eeeeck...running scared. I am too scared to drive in the stuff, so it makes me homebound. In our part of Oregon right now, it freezes overnight so it takes a while to warm up the vehicles, scrape the windows, etc...then by afternoon, it's sunny and warm! They always say, "If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes." Fabulous cards.

Catherine said...

SNOW?! at this time of the year...LOL! it sure does look pretty but i'm glad i'm not there..hehehe.

And all cards are so pretty, love, love all of them. See if i can play with you guys :)

Theresa said...

Wow, snow already! So pretty.

Lee, your cards are always so beautiful and detailed. Love these. The snowman card is so gorgeous with the metallic paper and ribbon treatment.

Christi said...

Lee, your cards blow me away!! You uplift me every time I come to you blog. :)

LadyDoc said...

All the cards look wonderful! I especially love the summer one.

Your view is fabulous!!! I would LOVE a view like that- but only for about 2 weeks a year, lol! Glad you enjoy the snow and the cold!

Kristine B. said...

Metallic cardstock, huh? =) Never saw that before. It's so shiny and sweet card!! LOVE the beach card too--perfect saying with it. I know someone from here (Oregon) who's relaxin' in Hawaii right now...Ahhh, must be nice! :) I LOVE snow too, unfortunately we haven't gotten any yet this year. ENJOY!!

Joan said...

You did a fantastic job with all the cards Lee. We've got mega wind here but no snow - yet - thankfully! Joan

Jennifer Love said...

WHAT IN THE WORLD? Snow? *faints dead away* LOL!

Man alive...those cards of your are FABOO! That red one makes me want to hug it to bits. hehe Great job...

Carolyn King said...

Love your challenge cards Lee....they are fantastic--loved seeing them last night at the virtual cruise!

Cannot believe that weather ALREADY?!?!

Suzanne said...

Are you sure you have time to eat and sleep girl???? I don't know how you do it? As usual your cards are stunning. I was hanging around the Land Cruise Party last night as a lurker....and saw your water card there....LOVE IT!
Snow huh???? Not sure I am ready for that quite yet. Still enjoying fall colors here in MD.

Suzanne said...

Are you sure you have time to eat and sleep girl???? I don't know how you do it? As usual your cards are stunning. I was hanging around the Land Cruise Party last night as a lurker....and saw your water card there....LOVE IT!
Snow huh???? Not sure I am ready for that quite yet. Still enjoying fall colors here in MD.

thinker said...

As usual, your cards are over-the-top gorgeous!!! I especially love how you manage to find ways to make even limited supplies look stunning (i.e. metallic run through CB :) )

Glad you're enjoying the snow... it would make for a v-e-r-y l-o-n-g winter if you didn't!!

Susan said...

Oh wow - snow! I have not seen snow for decades. Here in Oz it is spring. We never get snow here where I live anyway. Your view looks like a fairyland to me!

Your cards are just wonderful!!

Shirley said...

Right about now, Lee, that beach scene looks so inviting. I really love how creative you were with the foil card and your beautiful rose card is just stunning too!

Etha said...

LOL, love your snow and land cruise topics in one post ;) We still have a weee bit on the ground but I'm sure that'll evaporate today.
lovely cards! I'm drawn to the summer one...wonder why!

ChrissyM said...

Snow already! It will be here in upstate NY before we know it, it's raining and dark here today.

Your cards are gorgeous. I love the metalic. You did an excellent job on the limited challenge. You can pull anything off girl!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

What a gorgeous picture of the snow...stunning!!

Carolina said...

Sooo envious of your view...how amzaing to be able to look out and see this! We're still in the high 80's so not getting the cold weather yet...I'm anxiously awaiting it!

Gorgeous cards today Lee...you just keep getting better and better!