Monday, April 6, 2009

Limelight Six Chicks Project Day..............A Unity "Green" Day!!!

Smiley from millan.net

Happy April 6th!!!!!!!!!! You know what that means???!!! It's the Limelight Papercrafts Six Chicks Project!!!! This month's theme is to celebrate Earth Day!!!! So focusing on being GREEN!!! It actually CAN be easy being green!!!! LOL See?? Kermit was trying to teach us long ago lessons we'd need for today!!!

So here's my Earth Day project...........with a GREEN theme and especially for kids!!! I used the ever so perfect Unity Stamps Eco Chic kit!!!! A fabulous gift from my amazing friend Carolina!!!! Have I told you how much I LOVE it Carolina!!?? THANKS!!!!! I put some fun things in the basket.........well, first of all, the basket is green if you couldn't tell!!!! LOL And green garden gloves, some seeds to plant, some garden tools (obviously to be used with the help of an adult!!), a water bottle with some granola bars for energy, there's a fun green drink mix with gummi worms (well, sometimes you really just gotta have sugar to keep ya going!!! LOL) and a little clay flower pot that I stamped. I used one of the Unity Tags that come with the amazing Handles to make a little alterred tag to hang on the basket. Here's a close up of a few items.

Here's the card......I stamped the tree onto some shrink plastic and cut it out with a Nestie. I colored the plastic with Sharpies and the other images with Copics. I used Bronze Rhinestones and Mint Green Rhinestones. I swear I have every color that Mandy carries!!! LOL


Here's the little clay pot.........I stamped it and then colored the images with Golden Wheat Shimmerz, Spiced Cider Blingz and Celery Shimmerz......Mandy carries Shimmerz and Blingz, including some BRAND NEW colors at Limelight Papercrafts!! I'll be ordering some more as those brand new colors are calling my name!!!! LOL


I made a Hanging Treat Box from a template on SCS..........I originally had a little kiddo water bottle in the basket, but the hanging treat holder was too long!!! LOL It was super easy to make, I'm working on scaling it down to fit the little bottles for kiddo gifties!!! I put in some healthy granola bars to help offset those Green Peeps!!!! LOL
See THIS POST for the Limelight SKETCH CHALLENGE...Winner gets a 6X6 or 8X8 Paper Pad of THEIR CHOICE!! And don't forget about the Easter Egg Promo ~ an Easter Egg filled with a SURPRISE will ALL ORDERS! And remember to use the code BunnyTrail at checkout to receive 15% off your ENTIRE ORDER!
Now please go take a gander at the amazing and fun projects from all the Six Chicks and Mandy and our 7th Six Chick Guest Designer:
Oh and go check out our Clear Artistic Stamps Cottage Studio Blog to see what I created for today!!!!

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

25 comments:

Carolina said...

What an adorable Earth Day project!!! The card is darlin'; the pot is just so "chic"; and LOVE the bars with water bottle - what a great gift package!!!

de said...

Wow Lee! You went all out for this one! I love your ideas and how it's all put together and I LOVE that stamp set as well!

JenMarie said...

Great goodies!

Lisa H. said...

this is fabulous! I just adore that flower pot,what a great idea! this set is pefect to Celebrate Earth Day.

Becky Carafa said...

Wowie, what a wonderful project, Lee! That set is perfect for this, and you thought of everything!

Lorie said...

Wow...this is super fantastic! Can I be your friend? :o)

Mandy said...

Oh, my! I think you have thought of EVERYTHING with this project!!! :) It's just fabulous...I love all of the GREEN colors!! The Smart Water, the granola bars, gardening tools...and it's all for a kid! LOVE THIS!!!

Pam said...

WOW! What a fabulous earth day kit!

Gretchen said...

Fabulous!! Love all of the little elements and Eco Chic is the perfect set! Now, if only the ground wasn't still frozen so we could plant. . .

Diane said...

That's awesome Lee!!!!

Katie Renz said...

Wow, what a great ensemble. It all looks fantastic.

Christi said...

Amazing creations!! I just love how you embellish girl!

Theresa said...

Lee, I love your basket! Great project ideas. That Carolina is just the sweetest person, ever!

Kristen said...

Lee this set is incredible! :) You did an awesome job hun!

Becky said...

All these wonderful goodies, wonderful idea.

Michelle said...

What a cute project, Lee! I love how you stamped on the clay pot.

Tinker and JingeBear's Mom said...

You are one freakin' creative genious! I love this project, and the stuff in the basket is just so cool - what kid wouldn't love it? Ca-UTE!!
~ky

Alex said...

Totally cute Earth Day project Lee - WOW!! You went all out, girl - this is fabulous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Amy said...

Great idea Lee! So super cute!! Love the little stamped flower pot!

Barb Schram said...

Ohhh, fantastic, Lee! YOU know I love these ideas and putting them all together in that adorable green basket is perfect, just perfect!

Shannon said...

WOW!!!! This is so super cool!!!! Great, great job!

Allison said...

A fun set...and what a cute tree! As always, admirable work!

catdidit said...

What an awesome gift! LOVE it Lee! And the card is just wonderful, fantastic use of dp!

Etha said...

What a great green set!! love that flower pot :)

Heather said...

This is so so so super cute!!! I really like both of the projects!!! Such a good way to represent this!!!

Heather